Return to Human Space Flight home page

Mission Control
Answers Your Questions

From: Julie Robinson, of Charlotte, North Carolina
To: Paul Dye, flight director for the orbit 2 team

Question: What types of degrees do people in MCC have? Can you recommend any good schools for those degrees in my area? I was thinking about NC State, Georgia Tech, or Embry-Riddle. Thanks.

Answer: Julie,

The majority of people working as Flight Controllers in MCC have an engineering degree (usually a bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical, or aerospace engineering, but other engineering degrees are considered based on the Flight Controller position). I personally recommend NC State, since I earned two degrees (bachelor's and master's) in aerospace engineering from NC State.

Good Luck,

Karen Watts
Orbit 2
Attitude and Pointing Officer

View list of answered questions or ask MCC your own Question.

Curator: Kim Dismukes | Responsible NASA Official: John Ira Petty | Updated: 04/07/2002
Web Accessibility and Policy Notices