- Provides thrust for orbit insertion, orbit circularization, orbit
transfer, rendezvous and deorbit.
- Helium Pressurization
- Each pod pressurazation systems consists of a helium tank, valves
- Propellant Storage and Distribution
- Consists of one fuel tank and one oxidizer tank in each pod.
- Engine Thrust Chamber Assembly
- The thrust chamber is where the fuel and oxydizer react in the injector.
- OMS Thrusting Sequence
- The OMS thrusting sequence commands the OMS engines on or off and
commands the engine purge function.
- Engine Thrust Vector Control System
- The engine TVC system consists of a gimbal ring assembly, two gimbal
actuator assemblies, and two gimbal actuator controllers.
- Thermal Control
- OMS thermal control is achieved by insulation in the OMS pods and
- OMS-RCS Interconnect
- OMS propellant can be used to operate the Reaction Control System.
- OMS-to-RCS Gauging Sequence
- The OMS-to-aft-RCS propellant quantities are calculated by burn
- Abort Control Sequences
- The abort control sequence software manages OMS and RCS configuration
and thrusting periods during ascent aborts.
- OMS Engine Fault Detection and Identification
- The OMS engine FDI function detects and identifies off-nominal performance
of the OMS engine.
- OMS Gimbal Actuator FDI
- THe OMS gimbal actuator FDI detects and identifies off-nominal performance
of the pitch and yaw gimbal actuators of the OMS engines.